Blog Archive

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Henry Selick

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
Santa: 'Twas a long time ago, longer now than it seems in a place perhaps you've seen in your dreams. For the story you're about to be told began with the holiday worlds of auld. Now you've probably wondered where holidays come from. If you haven't I'd say it's time you begun.
Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones/ An emptiness began to grow/ There’s something out there far from my home/ A longing that I’ve never known
Jack Skellington: My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... 
Jack Skellington, Sally: And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be.

Coraline (2009)
Makin' up a song about CoralineShe's a peach, she's a doll, she's a pal of mine/ She's as cute as a button in the eyes of everyone who's ever laid their eyes on Coraline/ When she comes around exploring/ Mom and I will never ever make it boring/ Our eyes will be on Coraline!
Wybie Lovat: I'm Wybie. Wybie Lovat.  
Coraline Jones: Wybie?  
Wybie Lovat: Short for Wyborn. Not my idea, of course. What'd you get saddled with?  
Coraline Jones: I wasn't 'saddled' with anything. It's Coraline.  
Wybie Lovat: Caroline what?  
Coraline Jones: Coraline. Coraline Jones. 
 Wybie Lovat: Hm. It's not real scientific, but I heard an ordinary name like Caroline can lead people to have ordinary expectations about a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment