Blog Archive

Friday 25 March 2011

Michel Gondry

'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' (2004)
'You're pretty...you're pretty...pretty'
Clementine: Look man, I'm telling you right off the bat, I'm high-maintainance, so... I'm not gonna tip-toe around your marriage, or whatever it is you've got goin' there. If you wanna be with me, you're with me. 
Joel: Okay. 
Clementine: Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind; don't assign me yours. 
Joel: I remember that speech really well. 
Clementine: I had you pegged, didn't I? 
Joel: You had the whole human race pegged. 
Clementine: Hmm. Probably. 
Joel: I still thought you were gonna save my life... even after that. 
Clementine: Ohhh... I know. 
Joel: It would be different, if we could just give it another go-round. 
Clementine: Remember me. Try your best; maybe we can. 



No comments:

Post a Comment