Blog Archive

Thursday 14 July 2011

Robert Zemeckis

Forrest Gump (1994)
Forrest Gump: And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.
Forrest Gump: You know it's funny what a young man recollects? 'Cause I don't remember bein' born. I don't recall what I got for my first Christmas and I don't know when I went on my first outdoor picnic. But I do remember the first time I heard the sweetest voice in the wide world. 
Jenny Curran: Were you scared in Vietnam?  
Forrest Gump: Yes. Well, I-I don't know. Sometimes it would stop raining long enough for the stars to come out... and then it was nice. It was like just before the sun goes to bed down on the bayou. There was always a million sparkles on the water... like that mountain lake. It was so clear, Jenny, it looked like there were two skies one on top of the other. And then in the desert, when the sun comes up, I couldn't tell where heaven stopped and the earth began. It's so beautiful. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment